Family Connection Program
99% of those attending a Family Connection program in the past five years said they would recommend the program to other parents!
This orientation program is for parents, grandparents, guardians, and other family members who have a traditional freshman student starting at UNM.
What is the purpose of the Family Connection Program?
There are three primary objectives of the Family Connection Program:
- Learn about important university resources to help your student be successful in college
- Explore ways in which your relationship with your college student will change and grow
- Build relationships with UNM community members including staff, faculty, students, and parents of other UNM students
What will I do during the Family Connection program?
- Learn about campus life from current UNM students
- Network with other parents and families of incoming students
- Explore the issues and concerns new students face their first year
- Get tips on how students can succeed in the classroom
- Hear about the Academic Communities
- Learn how to apply for financial aid and how to pay the bills
- Find out about services available at the Student Health & Counseling Center
- And much, much more!
Get ready for the Family Connection!