Academic Advisement


Academic advisement is included in both First-Year and Transfer orientation programs. Seeking academic advisement before your orientation program is not required, but is an option. By meeting with your advisor before hand advisors can assist you with placement and transfer course equivalencies in a one-on-one meeting. Admitted students can schedule an appointment with their advisor through LoboAchieve. If you are unsure as to how to schedule an appointment through LoboAchieve, please click here. Prospective students will need to call their advisement center to schedule an appointment.

Where’s your advisement center?

Find your advisement center by determining your major and then the college that houses that major. All majors, with the exception of undecided & health science majors, should seek advisement from their college advisement center. Undecided and health science majors should seek advisement through the University College Advisement Center.

Advisement Centers at UNM Main Campus

College of Arts and Sciences (505) 277-4621

College of Arts and Sciences – Native American Studies (505) 277-3917 

School of Architecture + Planning (505) 277-2903

Anderson School of Management (505) 277-3290

Athletic Department (505) 277-2303

School of Engineering (505) 277-4354

College of Education and Human Sciences (505) 277-3190

College of Fine Arts (505) 277-4817

School of Medicine Undergraduate programs

            Dental Hygiene (505) 925-4031

            Radiologic Sciences (505 272-5254

            Emergency Medical Services (505) 272-5757

            Medical Laboratory Sciences (505) 272-5434

College of Nursing (505) 272-4223

College of Pharmacy (505) 272-3241

College of Population Health (505) 277-2137

University College (505) 277-2631

University College – Liberal Arts and Integrative Studies (505) 277-0122