What to Bring
Here’s what you’ll need to bring to Freshmen orientation:
- Your Net ID and password
- UNM ID number (9-digit number that came in your Admissions Letter,sometimes referred to as Banner ID)
- A government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport) for obtaining your Lobo ID Card
- A parking permit-code will be provided via confirmation e-mail two weeks prior to your session
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- A sweater, or light jacket (you will be in air-conditioned buildings)
- Rain or shine, Freshmen orientation sessions will be held. Keep an eye out for weather changes!
When packing, keep in mind that parents/guests and students are in different locations during the program! Bring your personal items (extra clothes, toiletries) with you to check-in on Day One. The first thing that you will do with your stuff is place it in your residence hall room for the day (Sessions 1-9 only). A list of items to bring will also be included in a confirmation brochure that will be mailed to you prior to your session date.
Students attending summer sessions should also bring:
- An alarm clock--Oversleeping will result in having to attend another orientation session
- Personal toiletries
- A change of clothing for over night stay at Freshmen Orientation
Please Note: New Student Orientation does not provide housing for parents and families during session. Please see Family Connection Accommodations.