Get Your NetID
Each student at UNM must have a NetID. You NetID is used with a password when you access numerous UNM online services. You need to get your NetID before you attend orientation. You will use it to:
- Register for classes
- Check your financial aid
- Buy a parking permit
- Use your UNM email account
- Take part in your classes’ online features
- And many other things!
Create a UNM NetID before attending orientation
Click here to create your Net ID
Important Information Regarding Your NetID
- Memorize your NetID and password!
- Do not have someone else create your NetID and password.
- You must be admitted to UNM before you can get a NetID.
- When you create a NetID, a UNM email account is automatically created for you in this format: <your netid>@unm.edu.
- Remember, your UNM email account will be used by your professors and various UNM departments to send you important academic information, so please choose a professional sounding NetID. Once you create a NetID, you generally cannot change it to something else.
- For more detailed information on the NetID, visit the UNM NetID Maintenance Page or go to Fast Info and Type "NetID" in the Search box.
- If you have any problems, please contact IT Customer Support Services at 505-277-5757.
Check Your UNM Email Frequently
You can acces your UNM email through the myUNM Portal or the LoboMail Portal. You will need to enter your Net ID and password. Remember, this is how UNM communicates with you. Expect to check it frequently for important information regarding classes, billing, support services, and important information.