New Student Orientation Leader Recruitment 2014
The New Student Orientation Program provides a campus leadership opportunity for UNM students. Although NSOLs work primarily during the summer, their presence is recognized on campus year-round by the student, faculty, and staff they influence and interact with. NSOLs are service-minded campus leaders and are vital to the success of our program! The New Student Orientation Program has started recruitment for the 2014 NSOL staff. Click here to download the 2014 recruitment flyer.
The deadline and interview process for NSOL Summer 2014 has passed. Please check here starting January 2015 for recruitment information for NSOL Summer 2015.
Benefits of the Position
- Receive an overall compensation package valued at $4,500 - 6,000
- Gain skills in leadership, public speaking, managing groups, organization, teaching and facilitation
- Network with UNM departments, student organizations and the community
- Free summer housing at the UNM residence halls
- Completed minimum of one academic year at UNM by Spring '14
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be returning to UNM for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Cannot hold interferring summer courses or jobs
- Must be available for every orientation session (Click Here for: Tentative Summer 2014 Session Dates)
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation to Dean of Students Office after completing UNMjobs application
Information Sessions are hosted by the New Student Orientation Program to give potential applicants more information about the position expectations and to explain the application and interview process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one session to learn more about the position. All sessions will take place in the Dean of Students Conference Room, UAEC 260. The dates and time of the Info Sessions are listed below:
- Tuesday, February 4: 5:00 - 5:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 6: 2:00 - 2:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 10: 1:45 - 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 12: 3:00 - 3:45 p.m.
Contact the New Student Orientation Program by...
Walk in: Dean of Students Office, UAEC Room 280 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.